FreshPoint Atlanta’s 2017 is off to a great start as they move into their long-awaited brand new facility Saturday, January 21, 2017.
Moving into a building of this size is a carefully orchestrated event to say the least. Over a year of planning has gone into place and it will all pay off this week as they settle into their new digs and hit the ground running.
The new facility means they can better service their customers, and that makes everyone happy.
Lee Woodham, president of FreshPoint Atlanta says, “This facility will allow us the opportunity to support not just the food service segment in the South, but also grow our organic and retail programs significantly.”
Located just ten miles south of the busiest airport in the world, their brand new state-of-the-art facility is humming with features.
Some quick stats:
- A 100,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art building with three temp zones for little to no variance
- The shipping/receiving dock is 38°, where the cold chain remains unbroken for food safety and a longer shelf life.
- New equipment will allow them to operate more efficiently and safer.
- At 10,000 sq. ft., they are doubling their FreshCuts processing and production rooms. They also have a system that takes waste (core, seeds, skin, etc.) and grinds it for compost—saving fuel and energy, reducing their footprint.
What does this new building mean for the over 150 employees?
Some of the enhanced employee benefits:
• The FreshPoint Café is a large “catered” break room for employees
• A 24/7“members-only” fitness center with treadmills, elliptical machines, and weights for employees
Please note: They will be shipping all regular routes for first run only on Saturday, January 21st, and will begin moving after all routes are dispatched, with no second runs offered. If you are ordering FreshCuts, please make sure your order is in by noon Thursday 1/19 for delivery either Friday 1/20 or Saturday 1/21. They will resume business as usual on Monday 1/23. Please contact your account representative if you need more details.
FreshPoint Atlanta’s New Address
1200 Oakley Industrial Blvd, Suite B
Fairburn, GA 30213
Congratulations FreshPoint Atlanta, on your new, well-deserved building!