Our Primary Goal is Protecting Our Produce, and Our Customers
- Industry Leaders in Food Safety
- Highest Level of Quality Standards
- State of the Art Refrigerated Warehouse & Fleet
- GAP/GMP Verification Audits
- GFSI & SQF Level 2 Certified
- Advanced Recall & Traceability Programs
Food Safety is Priority One
At FreshPoint we take the lead in the industry when it comes to food safety. As North America’s largest and most respected fresh produce distributor, we take food safety seriously. Our customers trust FreshPoint to provide them with some of the safest produce grown by some of the safest farmers and manufacturers.
We respect and earn that trust every day. From the farmer to your back door, food safety is paramount.
We start by doing business with growers, shippers and manufacturers who take food safety as seriously as you do. FreshPoint approved produce suppliers have to meet very specific food safety guidelines for quality assurance by first passing an initial point-based audit. Growers and suppliers are audited for physical, chemical and microbiological attributes for their farm, packing or manufacturing facility. We review the supplier’s:
- SSOP (Sanitation, Standard Operating Procedures)
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- GAP (Good Agricultural Practices)
- Food Security programs
- Employee training